About Dr Slon
Dr Slon graduated from the University of Cape Town in 1994, after which he gained wide experience in different areas of medicine, including general practice, before commencing his specialist training.
He trained as a specialist anaesthetist in hospitals in the UK, Auckland, and Melbourne, achieving Fellowship of the Australia and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists in 2007. He has been Consultant Anaesthetist at Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, since 2007, as well as developing his private practice. He has extensive experience in most branches of anaesthesia.
Dr Slon later completed further specialist training in pain medicine at St Vincent’s Hospital, The Alfred and Caulfield Hospital, Melbourne, achieving Fellowship of the Faculty of Pain Medicine of the College of Anaesthetists of Australia and New Zealand in 2013.
Dr Slon worked for eight years in the Monash Pain Clinic and has gained wide experience treating acute pain and cancer pain at Monash Medical Centre and in private practice.
- Fellow of the Australia and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists.
- Fellow of the Faculty of Pain Medicine of the Australia and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists.
- Member of the Australian Pain Society.
- Member of the International Association for the Study of Pain.
- Member of the International Spinal Intervention Society.